You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company moving from prototyping to volume manufacture for innovative high-speed electric motors, controllers and compressors. With applications and customers in automotive, aerospace and other high-quality industries, we are looking for a dynamic Quality Manager to join our growing team. This role will be to build and lead our quality team, develop our quality management systems and certifications, and to coach and mentor a high performing quality culture. Quality is core to our success, with this role reporting to the COO. The business is expecting to scale significantly in the next few years, so this role has real potential for growth and development.
Reporting to the Chief of Operations the role will involve:
- Lead and develop our quality team. Acting as quality leader across all aspects of the business; product development, prototyping, low-volume manufacture, supplier development and contract manufacture.
- Define, communicate, coach and develop a high-performing quality culture.
- Maintaining a big-picture view of what our customers will need, what processes and systems are required and how we will go about putting these in place.
- Create and continuously improve quality processes and documentation to meet certification requirements.
- Lead quality change management, with the ability to judge when new systems may conflict with stakeholders aims in terms of agility and flexibility and manage appropriately.
- Build systems in an inclusive way that also drives culture change.
- Lead Quality Management Meetings with key stakeholders and business leadership.
- Build and maintain an effective non-conformance process that drives continuous improvement, root cause countermeasures and builds a culture of learning across the wider team.
- Continue to develop processes and retain ISO9001 compliance.
- Lead activities to achieve IATF16949 and AS9100 certification on defined timescales to match planned customer project delivery.
- Actively use KPIs and SPC methodologies to identify problems and validate controls.
- Ability to coach, mentor and influence.
- Experience in highly controlled manufacturing environments, ideally IATF 16949 and or AS9100.
- Knowledge of quality systems and processes, and how to implement them.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly evolving business.
- Experience in an SME environment.
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.