You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology in high-speed compressors for hydrogen fuel cells and engine boosting into production. With applications and customers in automotive, aerospace and other high-quality industries, we are looking for a versatile quality engineer to join our growing team. This role will be involved in all aspects of quality, including product design, process, supplier, testing, inspection and customer satisfaction. The business is expecting to scale significantly in the next few years, so this role has real potential for growth and development.
- Establishing and maintaining a high performing quality culture and processes appropriate to the business as it grows and evolves.
- Supporting and nurturing a learning environment of continuous improvement, working with the wider team to identify problems and collaboratively work through to root cause fixes.
- Actively use KPIs and SPC methodologies to identify problems and validate controls.
- Understanding evolving customer quality needs and implement plans to ensure these needs are met.
- Ensuring that quality requirements are understood from an early stage of product design and managed from design, procurement, inspection, assembly and testing through to customer delivery.
- Supporting achievement of and sustaining ISO9001, TS16949 and AS9100 certification on a defined timescale to match with planned customer project delivery.
- Create and continuously improve quality processes and documentation to meet certification requirements.
- Support engineering and operations to develop products, processes, tools and test equipment which ensure we consistently meet customer expectations.
- Support component and sub-system procurement with supplier evaluation, quality plans and tooling capability development.
- Identify inspection and measurement requirements. Source equipment and resource, or manage outsourced measurement and testing as appropriate.
- Experience in a highly controlled manufacturing environment, ideally aerospace, automotive or medical.
- Knowledge of quality systems and processes, and how to implement them.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly evolving business.
- Experience with both mechanical and electronic assembly and test.
- Experience in supplier quality assurance and tooling quality development.
- Experience in an SME environment.
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.