Senior Mechanical Engineer – Aerospace
You are applying for the position of
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Aerospace
An exciting opportunity to work with a driven, dedicated team on cutting-edge technology projects with key aerospace partners like GKN and ZeroAvia.
Reporting to the Aerospace Engineering Team Leader and working within a multi-disciplinary engineering team, your responsibilities will be:
- Take ownership of the mechanical design and performance for key aerospace projects.
- Be involved in all aspects of the design life cycle from concept to production: CAD, 3D Modelling, 2D Draughting, Design Reviews, and Tests.
- Participate in the creation of functional specifications, DFMEAs, design reports, test procedures.
- Support new product development from concept to production, product/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer’s performance, qualification & safety specifications.
- Ensure products are developed to achieve compliance with aerospace quality and safety specifications.
- Participate in the creation of functional specifications, DFMEAs, design reports.
- Review and sign off reports, drawings and designs.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to other engineers.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of developing electro-mechanical component components within the aerospace sector.
- Knowledge and familiarity of DO-160
- Experience of Design for Manufacture/Design for Assembly.
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience of Motor design: Rotor dynamics, balancing, shaft stress analysis, material selection, carbon fibre/ magnet retention.
- Knowledge and familiarity of DO-254