Senior Mechanical Engineer – Bearing Systems
You are applying for the position of
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Bearing Systems
Our high-speed motors rely on cutting-edge bearing technology. To support our R&D and product development programmes we are recruiting a bearing specialist to lead the continued development of all types of high-speed bearing systems.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Development the role will involve, but not limited to:
• Specifying specific bearing requirements based on overall product requirements.
• Produce Statements of works/requirements for possible bearing suppliers.
• Working with Rolling element, Foil air and Spiral groove type bearings.
• Design and analysis of new or an evolution of existing bearing system prototypes including working with other areas of engineering for system trade-offs.
• Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders including presentations, technical reviews, meetings.
• Planning and managing test programs to evaluate designs.
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with rolling element bearings.
• Knowledge of Hydrodynamic bearings is advantageous but not necessary.
• Experience of performing Rotordynamic Analysis.
• Proven successful projects involving bearing system design.
• Self-motivated, creative, high attention to detail.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.