Project Manager / Project Engineer
You are applying for the position of
Project Manager / Project Engineer
Aeristech is a small high-tech engineering company delivering world leading and patent-backed high speed electric motors and drives for automotive super-charging applications and fuel cell systems. The company is looking to recruit a capable Project Manager or Project Engineer to ensure delivery of customer projects, playing a key part in ensuring future success within a fast moving industry.
Benefits include company laptop, stakeholder pension, flexible hours with office and home working, 25 days holiday on top of bank holidays.
Main purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for managing, monitoring and delivering technically demanding complex Automotive and Aerospace projects ensuring that key deliverables are achieved within financial and time constraints to meet external customer and internal business requirements.
Ensure customer and stakeholder relationships are managed effectively and that communication on project status and requirements are fully understood by all.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget according to the new product development plan.
- Plan and coordinate internal resources to deliver the projects.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with functional managers and chief engineers to ensure resource allocation meets with project requirements.
- Establish, maintain & manage relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress and project performance.
- Arrange & Lead project review meetings.
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
- Measure project progress and performance using appropriate tools and techniques against objectives and KPIs.
- Regularly report project performance to the project team, programme manager and customers.
- Capture and evaluate project risks and work with stakeholders to minimise and mitigate impacts to projects.
- Support with the review of documentation such as Statements of Work (SoW)
- Support the commercial leads and directors with negotiation activities where appropriate
- Support the creation & submission of documentation such as PPAP.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Support new client proposals.
Education, training and qualifications
- Degree educated, preferably in the field of engineering.
- Either PRINCE2/PMP/APM/LSS desirable but not essential.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office knowledge to include Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
- Automotive & aerospace engineering sector (or similar engineering. environment)
- Management of cross functional teams.
- Working as part of and delivery of automotive/aerospace projects (or similar).
- Experience of APQP and PPAP.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solver.
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Confident and robust character.
Email email@example.com for more information or to apply for this position.
This role is based at our HQ in Leamington Spa.
Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.