You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology into production. The role will be to source components and manage supplier delivery for both prototype and volume manufacture of high-speed compressors for Hydrogen fuel cell systems and engine boosting.
• Ensure component are available for project and build timings, to the quality specified and at the best cost.
• Support identifying and validating suppliers, evaluating capability, quality, cost and risk.
• Issue RFQs, negotiate costs and issue purchase orders.
• Ensure that purchase orders and goods receipts are up to date and assigned to correct projects and cost centres.
• Support finance team with invoice matching and queries.
• Support commercial and technical negotiations with suppliers.
• Experience buying components and services within a technical environment
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
• Structured working with good attention to detail
• Experience of working within IATF 16949 and or AS9100.
• Experience with PCBs and electronics.
• Experience with mechanical components, particularly die casting and CNC machining.
• Experience with ERP systems.
• Structured approach with a good attention to detail.
• Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.