You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology into production. The role will be to source components and manage supplier delivery for both prototype and volume manufacture of high-speed compressors for Hydrogen fuel cell systems and engine boosting.
• Manage sourcing activity for project and build timings, to the quality specified and at the best cost.
• Responsible for all Indirect and ad-hoc Procurement activity
• Management and ongoing monitoring of suppliers
• Issue RFQs, negotiate costs and management of purchase orders in SAP.
• Ensure that purchase orders and goods receipts are up to date and assigned to correct projects and cost centres whilst supporting the finance team with invoice matching and queries.
• Support commercial and technical negotiations with Indirect and Direct material suppliers
• Covering for Procurement Lead and Goods Inwards as and when required
• Experience buying components and services within a technical environment
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Structured working with good attention to detail
• Experience of working with Quality Management Systems – IATF 16949 and or AS9100.
• Commodity sourcing experience on PCBs, electronics, machined parts and die castings
• Experience with ERP systems.
• Structured approach with a good attention to detail.
• Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.