You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology into production. The role will be to source components for both prototype and volume manufacture of high-speed compressors for Hydrogen fuel cell systems and engine boosting.
- Identify and validate suppliers, ensuring appropriate approvals are in place.
- Identify requirements based on project timelines, sales forecasts and stock levels.
- Issue RFQs, negotiate costs and raise purchase orders.
- Work alongside development teams to source prototype parts.
- Work alongside the Aeristech China team to leverage far-east sourcing where viable.
- Support engineering to optimise product design for suitable processes and suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to validate commercial and technical capabilities.
- Support commercial and technical negotiations with suppliers.
- Identify quality needs and put in place controls to ensure suppliers meet these.
- Experience in aerospace and/or automotive procurement within a technical environment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly evolving business.
- Experience with PCBs and electronics.
- Experience with mechanical components, particularly die casting and CNC machining.
- Experience sourcing tooling.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- CIPS accreditation
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.
This role is based at our HQ in Leamington Spa.
Please email a CV to email@example.com to apply for this position.