You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology into production as our manufacturing engineer. Based at our Leamington technical centre, the role will be to deliver the design, validation, specification, sourcing, installation and commissioning of manufacturing systems for high-speed motors, controller and compressors. The role will report to the COO, and also include working alongside engineering, quality and production functions to support design for manufacture, create process documentation and support prototype and pilot builds.
- Identify, test and validate manufacturing process for key components and sub-systems in support of make vs buy decision process.
- Lead creation of a flexible production facility on the Leamington site to deliver prototype, pilot build and initial customer volume.
- Specify, source, install and commission optimised manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling and services.
- Implement process controls and MES as required.
- Ensure all processes support certification to IATF16949.
- Work with contract manufacturers and partners to support outsourced volume production.
- Working alongside supply chain to ensure appropriate supplier processes are in place.
- Working closely with the Quality Engineer to ensure process capability and compliance.
- Manufacturing experience in an assembly and test environment.
- Experience in designing, specifying, sourcing and validating assembly tooling and equipment.
- Ability to critically appraise product designs to improve manufacturability.
- Ability to create and control process documentation.
- Ability to expose and solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to fully manage smaller projects.
The successful candidate is likely to hold an engineering degree or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of engineering knowledge.
- Automotive or aerospace experience would be an advantage.
- Experience with electro-mechanical product assembly and test.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes – Stamping, bonding, plating, grinding, casting, machining.
- A sound understanding of lean principles in manufacturing.
- Good PC skills with grounding in 3D CAD and shop floor systems.
- Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.
- Be tenacious and curious in finding problems and creative in delivering solutions.
- Able to communicate and engage from shop floor to board level.
- Willing to travel, including overseas, for short periods.