Principal Electronics Engineer
You are applying for the position of
Principal Electronics Engineer
Aeristech Ltd. is a high-tech engineering company delivering world leading and patent-backed high-speed electric motors and drives for automotive super-charging applications, hydrogen fuel cell systems and other sectors. Due to expansion and moving from prototype to production the company is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and diligent Principal Electronics Engineer to join its busy team in a varied and challenging role.
You will be part of the Aeristech Aerospace project team and working closely with Project and Program Managers, will apply extensive design expertise to a wide range of complex problems and provide technical guidance to the other team members.
You will oversee and drive engineering work packages ensuring that the performance expectations in key electronic development projects and programs are met or exceeded. This is a hands-on role which covers the whole range of product development, design and support activities from the initial bid phase through to customer delivery. You will play a key part in each of these stages and ensure that all work is carried out with strict adherence to Aeristech’s management procedures and engineering development processes.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Principal Electronics Engineer will:
- Manage all aspects of the Systems Integration activities for Avionics Equipment through their life cycle, from early development stage to in-service support including obsolescence management.
- Preparation of technical estimates for non-recurring costs and manpower requirements.
- Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers, including technical governance.
- Liaison with customers, internal and external.
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification.
- Interface definition and management.
- System, sub-system and equipment architecture definition, design and analysis.
- Preparation of technical specification and other project documentation.
- Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews.
- Reporting of progress to the program management and other business entities.
- Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
- Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, Life Cycle Management and regulatory requirements.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
- Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements.
- Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, Aerospace BU and company to share and learn best practice.
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Prior experience as a Senior/ Principal/ Technical Lead engineer providing technical guidance and electronics design expertise in support of a project.
- Design experience and/or appreciation of some of the following areas:
- Analogue, Digital and power supply Electronics design.
- Embedded Software, Firmware and Digital Signal Processing.
- Application Software and Operating Systems.
- Experience in design & development lifecycle from concept and requirements capture, system architecture, design specification and ICDs to system integration, verification and liaising with production.
- Working within a quality management system such as – AS9100.
- Experience with Laboratory test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope, DVM.
- Experience of platform integration and design certification and of working with an EASA 21J / DAOS Design Organization.
- Problem solving and creativity.
- Self-motivated, confident and assertive.
- Initiative and drive.
- Communication skills.
- Familiar with commercial, aerospace and defence industries, markets, products and technologies.
- The ability to work within a large organization in a matrix management structure.
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Familiar with engineering processes, practices and measures of performance for the discipline.
- Proven ability to work and deliver to time pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Educational qualifications: Minimum technical degree or equivalent experience.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.