You are applying for the position of
Aeristech Ltd. is a high-tech engineering company delivering world leading and patent-backed high-speed electric motors and drives for automotive super-charging applications, hydrogen fuel cell systems and other sectors. Due to expansion and moving from prototype to production, an exciting opportunity has arisen to shape the market presence of the Company, and we are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and skilled Quality Technician.
Reporting to the Quality Engineer and working closely with the Manufacturing team, you will be required to: –
• Raise manufacturing/supplier non-conformities and concessions.
• Ensure equipment for development and build is in good condition and calibrated. Escalation on defective equipment and control of documentation.
• Facilitate internal and external calibration activities.
• Carry out MSA activities.
• Control of non-conforming product (quarantine). Maintenance of records, and notification of relevant personnel.
• Support internal audits.
• Support the review, acquisition and storage of supplier PPAP submissions and individual FAIRs.
• Ensure correct documentation is kept on the shop floor (work instructions, assembly drawings, procedures etc).
• Implement corrective actions to quality discrepancies.
• Inspection of incoming stock (where required).
• Performing 5S audits and contributing towards LEAN/Continuous Improvement projects – in quarantine, quality lab.
Skills and Experience
• Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
• Able to read engineering drawings – familiarity with GD & T.
• Experience with inspection/ metrology techniques.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Approachable and able to promote good quality awareness as the QA point of contact for the shop-floor.
• Experience with mechanical components and electronics.
• Previous work to an automotive/aerospace QMS.
• Experience of contributing to 8D reports.