You are applying for the position of
An exciting opportunity to join a company at the start of initiatives to take new technology into production. The role will be to source components and build a new supply chain for both prototype and volume manufacture of high-speed compressors for Hydrogen fuel cell systems and engine boosting.
• Develop and own supply chain strategy.
• Identify and validate suppliers, evaluating capability, quality, cost and risk.
• Identify needs based on project timelines, sales forecasts and stock levels.
• Issue RFQs, negotiate costs and issue purchase orders.
• Develop business supply chain capability, including building a supply chain team.
• Support development teams in sourcing prototype parts.
• Work alongside the Aeristech China team to leverage far-east sourcing where viable.
• Support engineering to optimise product design for suitable processes and suppliers.
• Lead commercial and technical negotiations with suppliers.
• Identify quality needs and put in place controls to ensure suppliers meet these.
• Experience in aerospace and/or automotive procurement within a technical environment.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly evolving business.
• Capability to identify processes required and implement business-wide.
• Experience of working within IATF 16949 and or AS9100.
• Experience with PCBs and electronics.
• Experience with mechanical components, particularly die casting and CNC machining.
• Experience sourcing tooling.
• Experience with ERP systems.
• CIPS accreditation.
• Flexible in approach; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
• Be comfortable working without well-established systems and processes.