We're hiring a Machinist
As Aeristech continues to grow, we are recruiting a Machinist to help us deliver high speed electric motor and controller technology for Hydrogen Fuel Cells, HVAC and a wide range of other applications.
Working closely with other disciplines, this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from operating manual toolroom machinery, including cylindrical grinding, developing balancing operations, to creating tooling and fixtures for prototyping, production and testing.
This role will appeal to ambitious candidates who wish to use their skills to develop world-leading high speed electric motors and support ground-breaking client solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, as a Machinist at Aeristech your responsibilities will be:
- Operate manual toolroom machinery including milling, turning and cylindrical grinding.
- Help develop balancing operations on spindles.
- Operate measurement equipment as required to verify quality.
- Make tooling and fixtures as required for prototyping, production and testing.
- Carry out reactive component modifications and reworks as required.
- Ensure that all machine shop equipment is kept in good condition and is safe to operate.
- Time served or equivalent experience.
- Experience with manual turning, milling and cylindrical grinding.
- Able to improvise, adapt and overcome engineering challenges.
- CNC Experience.
- Experience with cylindrical grinding.
- Knowledge of materials and heat treatment processes.
- Ability to use CAD systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible; not afraid to get involved wherever their skills are needed.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
£25,000 - £30,000/annum with standard benefits