We're hiring a Mechanical Engineer
We are recruiting an experienced and ambitious Mechanical Engineer to help us deliver cutting edge air compressor technology for hydrogen fuel cells for both Aviation and Automotive applications at our site in Leamington Spa.
Aeristech is a start-up SME engineering company enabling carbon reduction across a range of sectors with unique high-speed electric motor IP. We are continuing to grow our diverse and highly skilled team with UK government backing through Innovate UK and collaborations with leading companies including Cummins and GKN Aerospace.
Working closely with other disciplines the role encompasses full ownership of the mechanical design and performance for key automotive and aerospace projects as well as the shared responsibility to identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture of novel technology.
This role will appeal to ambitious candidates who wish to develop world-leading air compressor solutions with novel technology for applications that contribute to Net Zero goals.
Main ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Engineering Team Leader, as an Aeristech Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of the mechanical design and performance for key automotive and aerospace projects.
- Be involved in all aspects of the design life cycle from concept to production: CAD, 3D Modelling, 2D Engineering drawings, Design Reviews, prototype builds and Tests.
- Participate in the creation of functional specifications, DFMEAs, design reports, test procedures.
- Support new product development from concept to production, product/test rigs/processes that adhere to customer’s performance, qualification & safety specifications.
- Ensure products are developed to achieve compliance with quality and safety specifications.
- Review and sign off reports, drawings and designs.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of developing electro-mechanical component components within the automotive or aerospace sector.
- Experience of Design for Manufacture/Design for Assembly.
- 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks desirable) and familiarity with GD&T.
- Self-starter, able to prioritise and plan effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas.
- Confident in use of basic workshop tools and processes.
- Keen attention to detail
A competitive package