We're hiring an Electronics Team Leader
Join our team in Leamington Spa and lead our ambitious and friendly Electronics Engineering Team.
Electronics Team Leader
Our patented technology enables us to make the world’s fastest accelerating and most power-dense permanent magnet variable speed electric motors. Our technology is used in hydrogen fuel cells and other cutting-edge applications, and foundational to our offering is our excellent electronics team.
We are growing rapidly and shifting from prototypes to volume manufacturing. This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and innovative organization, with great opportunities for professional growth. Our teams are flexible, friendly and highly motivated as well as highly skilled.
The role will report to the Head of Engineering, and be based at our site in Leamington Spa.
- Be responsible for technical ownership of electronic circuits, through concept, development and validation.
- Provide technical delivery of development activities to meet timescales and cost targets for R&D products and customer projects.
- Planning of all electronics related activities.
- Interface with suppliers and partners with technical requirements and feedback for existing and new designs.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (e.g. embedded SW, mechanical design etc.) to develop complete systems.
- Support system integration by providing debugging capability and validation support. Responsible for managing the Electronic Design Team - consisting of Electronic Engineers and PCB Layout Engineers.
- Full Documentation, configuration management, providing plans and progress reports.
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of electronic products / projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Be responsible for the performance of the Electronic Design Team working within project and program teams to ensure an increase in the Engineering Department capability through team and individual development.
- Be responsible for the performance management and development of individuals within the team to ensure that they are supported to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Be responsible for the management and allocation of resources within the Electronic Design Team, including recruitment and training of new staff
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience successfully supporting development projects in an automotive engineering environment.
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout tools (ideally Altium)
- Experience in mathematical modelling and simulation of circuits and systems, e.g. SPICE, PLECS, SIMetrix.
- Use of reliability, risk or safety analysis tools for the analysis of hardware, e.g. FTA, DFMEA.
- Qualification of systems to automotive standards, including EMC and environmental testing.
- An understanding of functional safety analysis, design, and validation to standards such as ISO26262 or similar.
- An appreciation of rotating machine design and motor principles.
- Writing technical documentation. e.g.: design report, specifications, fault analysis, Worst Case Analysis