We're hiring a Senior Embedded Aerospace Software Engineer
As Aeristech continues to grow into the Aerospace sector, we are recruiting an ambitious and experienced Senior Embedded Aerospace Engineer to help us deliver state-of-the-art projects.
Senior Embedded Aerospace Software Engineer
Due to continued expansion we are looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Embedded Aerospace Software Engineer to help us deliver cutting-edge Aerospace applications.
This role will appeal to ambitious candidates who wish to develop world-leading air compressor solutions to support our ground-breaking client solutions.
Based at our Leamington technical centre, this role will appeal to an ambitious Aerospace Software Engineer who wants to develop world-leading high-speed and power-dense motor and controller technology with applications in hydrogen fuel cell systems.
Reporting to the Software Team Leader, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer for Aerospace applications will:
- Provide technical delivery of software activities to meet timescale and cost targets for R&D products and customer projects
- Technical ownership of embedded software for a range of domains through development and validation of electrical and electronic systems
- Support system integration, provide debugging capability during development and deliver production ready solutions
- Interface with suppliers and partners with technical requirements and feedback for existing and new designs
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (e.g. electronic hardware) to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
Qualifications and Experience
- Delivery of Software to aerospace standards e.g. DO178C
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Experience supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle
- Experience of embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Experience of model based software development and tools (e.g. Simulink)
- Experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
- Knowledge of the design of functional safety compliant software, as per ISO26262 or IEC 61508
- Experience of software development to AUTOSAR and MISRA standards and guidelines
- Experience of software version control tools (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Experience of communication protocols (CAN, UDS, J1939, ARINC)