We're hiring a Senior Development Engineer: Rotordynamics
Recruiting a Rotordynamic specialist to join our fast-paced R&D team in Warwick developing novel technology for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Compressors.
Senior Development Engineer: Rotordynamics
Our patented technology enables us to make the world’s fastest accelerating and most power-dense permanent magnet variable speed electric motors. This technology is used in hydrogen fuel cells and other cutting-edge applications.
Aeristech is at an exciting time as a dynamic and innovative organization, growing rapidly as we prepare for the volume manufacture of our unique offering. This is a great time to join with plenty of opportunities for developing novel technology.
This post is for a Senior Development Engineer with a Rotordynamics background to work in our R&D team and work cross-functionally in collaboration with various disciplines. The role will report to the Head of Research and Development.
Main ResponsibilitiesThis role will involve, but is not limited to:
Developing high speed rotor systems with focus on rotordynamics.
Build, analysis and develop rotordynamics models and use it to assist with rotor system design.
Working with wider team to consider other impacts on rotor design.
Carry out testing to validate models.
Develop balancing strategies for rotor systems.
Carry out test programs on news designs to evaluate rotor stability performance
Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Experience of High speed rotordyanmics analysis
- Knowledge of Hydrodynamic bearings.
- Proven successful projects involving bearing system design.
- Self-motivated, creative, high attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Detailed understanding of theoretical applications of rotordynamic principles.
- Enthusiastic and keen to be part of developing new technology for Hydrogen economy.